IF I STITCH FAST ENOUGH DOES IT COUNT AS AEROBIC EXERCISE?

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Tricks & Treats

When family calls don't we all come to their aid? Well, my sister Jenny needed a place to host her students piano recital so I said I would be glad to do it. The kids all dressed up in their costumes and performed a number and then were invited to the kitchen for some spooktacular treats. My mom, Jenny, and a few other moms brought all the treats and I just provided the house but I just had to show how cute some of the goodies were. First, here is Jenny and her daughter Emma.

Here is my island filled with yummy treats. I thought the apples were so cute with crooked sticks from orange trees. The little cupcakes were frosted with black sesame seeds for the eyes.



What a fun night to perform and have fun. Everyone did a great job.
The caramel apples were to die for and made from scratch. None of this unwrapping store bought stuff.
Here is the recipe for the

Carmel Apples
2 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cube butter
1 cup light Karo syrup
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Bring the sugar, butter and Karo to a boil stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and boil 7 minutes. Add the can of sweetened condensed milk and continue to cook on low to the higher end of the soft ball stage. Dip granny smith apples that have been washed and dried into the carmel. Place on a cookie to set-up and cool. Makes about 20 small apples.

2 comments:

Patrice said...

Ooooh, yummy! I LOVE carmel apples. I feel like they are the perfect blend of sweet and healthy!

Debbie said...

Yeah!!! Max LOVED the caramel apple...I snuck a few bites in myself. Absolutely yummy. I will be making those when I feel skinny!